The children’s safety and wellbeing is our top priority.
If you have any concerns about a child please speak to one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads, Mr Brown, Mr Heath or Mrs Johnson.
SCHOOL ETHOS AND EDUCATIONAL AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
Our ethos is epitomised by the relationships and purposeful teamwork shared by all staff and children, resulting in a warm and welcoming environment where children can learn and grow in confidence.
As a result we hope that our children will achieve the following aims during their time at Poulner Junior School.
AIMS: To help pupils to
- develop and maintain lively enquiring minds; the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks
- to develop positive attitudes towards work and behaviour leading towards self-motivation, self-discipline and self-respect
- acquire and to be able to use knowledge and skills relevant to their own environment and to adult life, and the ability to respond constructively and contribute to a fast changing world
- acquire a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs
- understand the world in which they live; the ways in which it is managed and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations enjoy an involvement in all aspects of school life and its extensions and to appreciate the areas of common interest shared by different branches of knowledge and experience and by different people throughout the world.